"Z" is for Zucchini Bread

Some people celebrate with champagne, some people over wine. I decided to celebrate successfully completing the A to Z challenge over a loaf of zucchini bread!

Step 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans.

Step 2. In a bowl sift together
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Step 3. In a large bowl beat together (creamed mixture)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
Step 4. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. 

Step 5. Stir in 2 cups of grated zucchini and 1 cup of chopped nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Step 6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

My sister found this recipe on the internet and I decided to steal it off her recipe book. It turned out to be pretty amazing, even if I say so myself.

Sorry, we ate it up before I thought about taking pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You actually bake bread at home! That is amazing! That's one of the things in my bucket-list, you know. Learn how to make different flavored bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Your zucchini bread sounds delicious...you should put up a photo so we can do some virtual-tasting! lol
    Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip. My goal is to visit all the blogs that linked up, before next year's challenge starts up again.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete