“V” is for Vanilla ice cream.

When I was little, ice creams were exotic. Ice cream parlors were an alien concept and not one confectionery carried them frozen goodness. So come summers my sister & I would pester mom for some good old fashioned vanilla ice creams.  On days that she made those treats, we would be on our best behaviors, homework dealt with without complaints and vegetables cleaned off the plates, and when it was time for desserts we savored every mouthful!

I am older now, much older, but life rarely gets better than a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream in the summer. 

1 comment:

  1. Hiii Good writting..keep posting such stuffs.Oh!!! I forgot to introduce my self.I am Neethu Sreedhar.A Chemical Engineering student in NIT calicut,kerala,India.. I do share your same views in your blogs..for eg:the post about how to furnish your bedroom(in the other blog)I do like to sleep beneath the sky and to wake up seeing the magnificient beauty of the rising sun..A Harry porter fan like you..Visit my blog too whenever you get time..Most of my posts are related to my culture.i am not sure whether you can understand them..I have included as many english explanations as possible..I am sure it will be a different experience for you..keep Rocking alwayz..God bless you

    ReplyDelete