“U” is for Uniforms.

I enjoyed getting ready for office in the morning. Neatly pressed trousers/skirts, shirts/tops that fitted just right, matching accessories and a pair of stilettos if I was feeling adventurous! Somewhere down the line my delightful morning routine started feeling like a chore. The first to go were the accessories...they were just extras anyway, then I ditched the stilettos and soon dressing for office was just putting together a set of clean pressed outfit and nothing more. The increasing responsibilities of work had consumed my life.

Now, when I stand in front of my ever expanding closet wondering what to wear, I miss my school uniforms with its unflattering hemline and clip on ties. I even miss the red ribbons and the mandatory ponytails. But what I really miss is the simpler times that came with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment