“T” is for Too Small.

Last week when I revisited my old classroom, I realized the chairs had grown smaller, all the while knowing that chairs do not shrink, I have just grown bigger. Is it just me or nostalgia of revisiting an old place is always tinged with the feeling that the world is shrinking around you?

Like my grandparent’s backyard that I spent hours exploring when I was little, is but a handful of trees and a few tired shrubs. Even the trees aren’t as tall as I remembered.

Everything from my childhood seems to have shrunk, along with my favorite princess dress. Everything is a size too small.

1 comment:

  1. Very true. When I went to visit my old elementary school, I was amazed at how low all the water fountains were! I remember having to stand on tippy-toes just to get a drink!

    ReplyDelete